You don’t buy a fence very often, but when you do, you want your fence to look great and last for many years. If you don’t know what to look for in a fence company, you might end up paying more for an inferior product that won’t stand the test of time. Protect yourself from inferior fence companies selling and installing inferior products.
There are several things you need to look for when hiring a fence company.
- Safety and Homeowner Protection– Is the company covered?
- Safety Procedures
- Longevity and Experience–
- How long has the company been in business?
- Experience with different materials? (Wood, Chainlink, Vinyl, Aluminum, Steel)
- Do they show photos of their work?
- Reputation– What are people saying about the company? Check their reviews!
- Better Business Bureau
- Website Testimonials
- Appointments and Estimates – Look for these things when setting an appointment for an estimate before purchasing your fence.
- Do they answer the phone?
- Do they ask for you to be present at the appointment?
- Do they set a convenient time and date for you?
- Do they offer free estimates?
- Do they ask questions about the purpose for a new fence?
- Materials and styles you are interested in?
- Are they on time for the appointment?
- Do they discuss your ideas and possible concerns?
- Is the salesman clean, personable and professional?
- Quotes– A quote for your new fence should include more than just a price. Does it include;
- Drawing of the fence and gates in relation to the house.
- Measurements of the fence line and gates, as well as measurements of where the fence hits the house.
- Clearly written materials and measurements.
- Any specific instructions for the fence. (Who is responsible for removal of old fence, brush, vines, etc.)
- Setting Expectations– Does the company provide you with a list of expectations on both your side and theirs?
- Who will do the line locate for utilities?
- What do you do if you live in a neighborhood with an HOA?
- What is the installation time frame?
- What is their warranty?
- Who determines the property lines?
- What happens if they run into roots, rocks or irrigation lines?
- Financial– The cheapest is not always the best, especially if you need to contact the company down the road! Most of the time, the cheapest quote is for inferior product and/or inexperienced installation.
- Make sure the pricing is for the same type of material. (Compare apples to apples.)
- Do they require full or partial payment up front?
- Do they offer financing options?
Tennessee Valley Fence has been serving the Tennessee Valley since 1999. We are licensed, bonded and ensured to protect our customers. We invite you to look at our ratings and reviews. Browse our website, www.TennesseeValleyFence.com, for customer testimonials and photos of the beautiful fences we have built across the Valley.
At Tennessee Valley Fence, we make setting your appointment, for your free estimate, easy. We want our customers to be fully informed and comfortable with the materials and installation they are receiving, as well as our employees who visit your property. We want every customer to be thrilled with their fence and clearly know what they are getting. We want you to be happy with your fence before you pay for it, financing options to help with the financial aspect, and service after the sale. We are happy to take the time to answer your questions and concerns. We want you to know why we are the Tennessee Valley’s Premier Fence Company and prove that You’ll Love Us Around Your Place!
Give us a call at (256)883-0404 and schedule your Free Estimate or stop by and see us at 1035 A Cleaner Way, Huntsville, AL 35805.