As some of you may already be aware, President Donald Trump has imposed tariffs and quotas on imports of aluminum and steel. These tariffs and quotas have been put in place to protect American industry from the dumping of metals.
Wilbur Ross, Secretary of Commerce, has proposed a global tariff of 25% on steel and a 10% duty on aluminum imports; these are what President Trump has approved. This applies to a broad spectrum of Aluminum and Steel including billet and extrusions.
What this means to Tennessee Valley Fence Aluminum and Steel Products
- We source our Aluminum and Steel extrusions from a variety of mills both domestic and international.
- We believe that any tariff/duty will affect both domestic and internationally sourced extrusions because internationally sourced billet from which extrusions are made also will carry a tariff.
- Prices from our mills have already increased, and this tracks along with Aluminum and Steel equities and London Metal Exchange pricing.
- It is very likely that even domestic mills making our extrusions from domestic billet are not going to leave this opportunity for a price increase on the table. In other words, the domestic mills that we source from will see this as a good opportunity to follow the import market.
- We have already been notified of this potential increase by our suppliers.
What this could mean to our Valued Customers
- The duties have been implemented, there will be a price increase in your Aluminum and Steel materials.
As we have done in the past, we will do everything we can to minimize the impact to you, your business, and your profitability.
Since we do not know how quickly or how high prices will rise, we strongly recommend acting quickly if you are considering adding aluminum or steel fence or railing.
Very truly yours,
Your Tennessee Valley Fence Aluminum and Steel Products Team
Fill out the form below for more information on Tennessee Valley Fence Aluminum and Steel Pricing.
Want to know more about the Tariffs?